Southwest Region Music Camp 2022
Venue: Irvine Church, California
Date: Sunday, July 3rd through Friday, July 8th
Theme: I Belong to the King
- We have reached full capacity and registration is now CLOSED. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants must be in E2 or above (adults included); those in E2 must already be in E2 as of the 2021-2022 RE year to apply.
- Participants must attend full-time, beginning from check-in on Sunday. We will not accept or accommodate part-time participants.
- Each participant must e-mail a completed Consent and Emergency Contact Form to email@example.com
- Registration is not complete until the Consent and Emergency Contact Form has been received. We will notify you via e-mail to confirm your registration.
- Each participant also must print, sign, and bring a copy of their Consent and Emergency Contact Form to check-in.
- If you choose Praise Team and/or Instrumental for either of your Electives, your recording(s) must be submitted within two weeks of registering, or by June 6, whichever comes first. Recordings also must be clear and without background noise. See submission requirements below in the respective Elective descriptions.
- Check-in begins at 12:00 PM PST on Sunday, July 3rd; lunch will also be provided.
- Opening Ceremony begins at 1:30 PM PST.
- Book flights to arrive at and depart from SNA (John Wayne Airport). Flights arriving to or departing from other airports will need to arrange your own transportation.
- For the safety of all participants, COVID policies will be maintained during the event; these policies will be provided by the local church council and SWR at a later date.
Our theme this year is “I Belong to the King.” We will study and reflect on: 1) to whom or what do you belong to at the moment?, 2) how to belong to the King of Kings, 3) why is belonging to the King so important in this world?, and 4) how life will be different and upgraded as someone who belongs to the King! The elective classes include Creative Instruments, Praise Team, Instrumental Chamber, Composition, and Memory Verse Singers. (Note: Due to limited class sizes, participants may not receive their first choice.)
- Creative Instruments: Participants will make instruments, learn how to sing praise songs, and play creative instruments to understand how to spread the word of God through praise.
- Praise Team: Participants will learn and sing several praise songs to proclaim the word of God, and may be asked to do sharing during presentations. The Praise Team will teach and engage the congregation in praise on Music Worship Night.
- Can sight read music and is not afraid to present in small groups (up to 15 people).
- Registrant must submit a recording* of singing hymn 425 in his/her voice part to the Video Submissions Google Form
- Instrumental Chamber: Participants will work together in chamber groups to learn pieces and use their instruments to praise the Lord. Note: Depending on need, participants in this elective may also play in an orchestra.
- Registrant must submit a recording* of playing a 2-octave scale and melody of Hymn 425, in any key appropriate to his/her instrument, to the Video Submissions Google Form
- Composition: Participants will turn Bible verses into music by analyzing the verses carefully, becoming aware of the musical elements in the spoken language, and then putting them into compositions with the help of music software. Note: Please bring your own laptop for this creative class!
- Memory Verse Singers: Participants will sing memory verse songs to share the word of God and help others to store the word of God in their hearts.
We will conclude the music camp with a Music Worship Night on Friday, July 8 at 7:20 PM. Please note that only baptized church members may present in this worship service.
Please invite your friends and family to this special event. We look forward to seeing many brothers and sisters at Southwest Region Sacred Music Camp!
If you have any questions regarding Music Camp, please contact the coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.